Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. There are many different ways to get involved and have fun at The Sharing Place Food Bank. Whether you have a few hours weekly or monthly, want to organize a food drive, help plan special events, are interested in committee work, or have a car for food pick up – your skills, time and passion are valued, and we would like to meet you!
At The Food Bank
We rely on volunteers during our hours of operation to prepare food hampers filled with nutritious food to individuals and families in need. Our services are provided with dignity and without discrimination.
Volunteer positions include:
- Receiving and sorting food donations in the warehouse
- Repackaging bulk food in the kitchen
- Greeting individuals and families, recording information
- Driving to pick up food donations
- Filling food hampers with pantry staples and fresh food
In the Community
Volunteers are active throughout the year in the community in various ways:
- Organizing food drives at their work place or events in the community
- Planning fundraising events
- Outreach in the community to raise awareness about local food insecurity
- Growing food in their vegetable garden and sharing with the food bank
I would like to volunteer. How do I get started?
Contact the Operations Manager to apply to join the volunteer team at The Sharing Place Food Bank (705) 327-4273.
You may also download a volunteer application and drop it off to the food bank during our hours of operation. Your skills and interests are important. A police check is required for some volunteer positions. Orientation and training will be provided.
We look forward to hearing from you!